TravelPass Group’s Cancun.com Announces Top 10 Finalists for its CEO Search
Cancun.com, a one-stop shop for those looking to vacation in Cancun and the surrounding areas of the Riviera Maya, today announced the top 10 finalists in its search for a Cancun Experience Officer (CEO) to be the face of the brand, and its newly launched website. The joint venture between Best Day Travel Group and TravelPass Group, who together operate Cancun.com, received more than 8,000 applications from candidates in 120 countries.
“We received thousands of applications from extraordinary candidates from every corner of the world and all walks of life, which made it even harder for us and voters to whittle the search down to just 10,” said Chad Meyerson, general manager at Cancun.com. “We’re excited to meet the final candidates face-to-face in Cancun, one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. One lucky winner will be chosen for a once in a lifetime experience as our next CEO.”
Top 10 Finalists
- Muriel Rebora, Buenos Aires, Argentina, is a freelance video and photo creator, and a digital nomad and performer who’s been traveling and working remotely for two years
- Tennessee Hauser and Collin Hauser, Dallas, Texas, are photographers with a background in interior design and jazz performance
- Rafael Melo and Jennifer Brill, Washington, D.C., are self-employed content creators who quit their corporate America jobs to create content promoting travel on YouTube
- Tess Wicks, Chicago, Illinois, is a small-town midwestern woman who thrives off adventure, meeting others, and finding humor in everyday experiences
- Meritxell Martorell, Barcelona, Spain, is a journalist, former Heineken Spanish ambassador, and host of 21 Days, a Spanish national TV program
- Greg Rola and Kaitlyn Hoiles, Toronto, Canada, are social media influencers with the ability to demonstrate the affordability of travel on any budget
- Jon Watson, Orlando, Florida, is a travel content creator who’s spent the past five years traveling the world in search of new adventures and experiences
- Juliana Wynkoop and Martin Gomez Garcia, Sacramento, California, are bilingual YouTubers who share family-friendly travel videos about unique vacations
- Rich Barber, Khadijah Barber, Khaliyah Barber, Khaiyah Barber and Tré Barber, Raleigh, North Carolina, are a family of entrepreneurs with a passion for living an adventurous life
- Ivan Nanney, Boise, Idaho, is a travel addict and lifestyle designer with a drive to encourage others to prioritize experiences over possessions
The 10 finalists will attend an interview event in Cancun from January 26-31, 2018. It will include individual and team skill assessments, as well as activities and challenges hosted by Xcaret Park, one of the top attractions in the Cancun-Riviera Maya destination. Profiles for the 10 finalists will be displayed on ceo.cancun.com. The winner will be chosen and announced on January 31, 2018.
As part of Cancun.com’s CEO search and commitment to showcase the warmth, wonder and essence of Cancun as one of the world’s premier vacation destinations, the company has announced a sponsorship with the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB). Created to promote Cancun, the Cancun CVB is the official entity that interacts with key partners of the different markets around the world to create and develop promotions, marketing and public relations activities in order to highlight the many added values Cancun offers to the world.
“We can’t wait to host the top 10 finalists for the Cancun Experience Officer position and have them experience the best food, activities and accommodations that Cancun has to offer,” said Lizzie Cole, director general of the Cancun CVB. “Cancun.com’s search has garnered a lot of global attention for our beautiful destination. We’re grateful for the increased interest, and for all of the talented contestants who applied for the position.”
Cancun.com is the premier online destination for those looking to vacation in Cancun, Mexico and the surrounding areas of the Riviera Maya and Yucatan Peninsula. The site features everything from reviews of local hotels and attractions, and the ability to book accommodations, excursions, experiences and transportation all-in-one online location.
About Best Day Travel
Best Day Travel Group is the leading online travel agency in Mexico, and one of the leading Latin American travel industry companies with a strong focus in business-to-business distribution. Best Day Travel understands vacation travel trends and customer requests for the most popular Latin American destinations and offers the best hotel inventory content in the region. The Cancun-based company is a vertically integrated business model with an innovative technology infrastructure that leverages the expertise of six subsidiaries. These include BestDay.com, an online travel agency; BD TRAVEL Solution, a white label technology for partners; HotelDO, services for traditional travel agencies and wholesalers; BD Travel, a leading destination management company in Mexico and Punta Cana; Voiash, a travel brand focused on youth and millennials; and Gran Plan, a strategic alliance with Aeromexico working with more than 120 travel agencies in Mexico.
About TravelPass Group
TravelPass Group is a leading technology company in the travel industry. Spun out of the Utah-based company Partner Fusion, TravelPass Group is a marketplace for independent and brand name hotels, wholesalers, and the world’s largest travel agencies. TravelPass Group has been featured multiple times as one of the fastest growing companies locally and nationally by Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Inc. 5000. TravelPass Group books 10,000 room nights per day through its travel-related websites, including Reservation Counter and Reservation Desk, and a best-in-class customer service center that helps travelers access more than a million properties worldwide.