Email Marketing Specialist
We’re looking to hire an experienced email marketer to grow and manage our customer engagement programs. The Email Marketing Specialist will drive new strategic initiatives for our email program, as well as execute, manage, and optimize established programs. This person will own programs focusing on customer lifecycle, retention, and repeat customer messaging. In addition, this position will build out our customer life-cycle messaging, with an emphasis on testing, iterating, and learning from our experiments over time as well as working closely with our Product, Social, and Business Intelligence teams to create a holistic customer experience.
The successful individual will have a passion for customers and structured experimentation, be a fast learner and have a desire to grow his or her skill set. This is a critical position for our business and this individual will make a significant contribution to company growth and revenue.
- Develop, launch, and optimize a broad range of email programs that encompass customer life cycle, promotional, and customer surveys.
- Set creative and developmental direction for Creative and Development teams, including campaign objectives, messaging, and customer touchpoints.
- Work collaboratively with Design, Content Strategy, Product Management, and Business Intelligence to identify and implement new marketing programs.
- Identify, create, and develop customer segmentation and personalization strategies and ongoing communications plans targeted to those segments.
- Oversee multiple projects concurrently and provide regular performance monitoring and performance updates. Maintain and execute an email calendar and coordinate with the company content calendar.
- Continually develop, measure, and optimize campaign and portfolio testing programs. Experience with development and implementation of complex testing plans is a plus.
- Troubleshoot program errors and drive problem resolution to drive business growth.
- Develop and implement scalable, repeatable, and comparable methods of measurement and performance tracking. Automate standard data reporting methods and perform ad hoc analyses to evaluate ongoing and periodic performance.
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure campaigns are executed accurately, effectively, and within budget.
- Work collaboratively with internal groups to identify database marketing opportunities to more effectively reach consumers.
- 3+ years experience in direct/database marketing or customer relationship marketing program development and/or implementation. The ideal candidate has managed outbound, B-to-C email marketing programs for 1+ years.
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques and platforms—specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events.
- Expertise in catalogue direct marketing, continuity program direct marketing in the travel and leisure industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many marketing campaigns and segmentation strategies simultaneously.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data to develop and measure effectiveness of marketing programs. Must be comfortable with Excel and capable of manipulating data to perform both high-level and granular analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others.
- Self-directed and self-starter (does not require a lot of direction to take initiative).
TravelPass Group is becoming a leading technology company in the travel industry with more than 10,000 room nights booked per day and annual sales reaching more than $400 million. TravelPass Group is a marketplace for independent and brand name hotels, wholesalers, and the world’s largest travel agencies. It operates travel-related websites and a best-in-class call center that help travelers access more than 1 million properties worldwide. It has been recognized locally and nationally among the fastest growing companies and as a Top Workplace.