Senior Systems, DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Systems, DevOps Engineer to join an amazing group of technical, marketing, and business experts who are disrupting the travel industry.
At TravelPass Group, we’re creating cutting-edge travel technology and data systems. We uncover travel opportunities to help people travel more by saving money and booking easily. Since 2008, we have helped people book more than 8 million hotel rooms. We have been recognized locally and nationally among the fastest growing companies and as a top workplace. For example: Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Utah Business Magazine Fast 50, UV50 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah Valley, Mountain West Capital Network’s Utah 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and The Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplace.
- – Well-versed in Linux with some previous experience of automation and Infrastructure as Code. Opscode Chef skills are desirable but experience of another config management tool such as Puppet or cf-engine is certainly transferable. You should feel confident diving head first into technical problems, solving them and explaining them clearly to others.
- – Have significant experience with Amazon Web Services (including EC2/VPC, ECS, RDS, S3)
- – Have some understanding of/experience with the following: Ruby/Rails, Git, PHP, Apache or nginx, bash, DNS, DHCP, MySQL or PostgreSQL. In addition you should have excellent communication, structured thinking, requirements gathering, decision making and problem solving skills.
- – Have some programming/scripting skills in: bash, ruby, php
- – Have excellent troubleshooting skills. Be able to isolate causes of problems and resolve them quickly. Must be able to communicate well in English (both written and spoken)
- – Work closely with development to deploy and support web apps, services & microservices for various websites on various platforms. Put systems and infrastructure in place to eliminiate downtime and increase stability.
- – Assist and guide developers with architecture design as related to server systems.
- – Rotate through being on call and quickly respond to any incidents that arise related to production systems.
- – 5+ years of experience managing a production Linux environment.
- – Strong working knowledge of AWS.
- – 3+ years of scripting and/or application development in bash, python, ruby, perl, PHP.
- – Solid understanding of relational database concepts and some database experience.
- – Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
- – Experience with Git and Docker is a plus.
- – Experience with a configuration management tool is a plus.